- Joint Services with Annunciation and Mt. Olivet. There will be a joint service at 10:45am AT Annunciation on September 11. A lunch will follow in Vail Hall. Please sign up to bring a main dish, vegetable, and drinks. Mt. Olivet is bringing salads and desserts. THEN on October 2, there will be a joint service at 9:00am AT Mt. Olivet Church (530 Pelican Ave. in Algiers) Annunciation parishioners are asked to sign up to bring salads and desserts.
- Tuesday Nights. We will continue to gather on Tuesdays at 6pm for Eucharist and Adult Education. We are watching and discussing videos from the 2016 Missional Voices Conference.
- Priest Sharing. Fr. Duane Wiggin-Nettles is now serving also serving as part-time Vicar of Mt. Olivet Episcopal Church in Algiers Point in addition to continuing to serve as our rector. We are looking for ways for our two parishes to work together. Visit Mt. Olivet on the web at www.MountOlivet.org.
- Godly Play Classes continue this summer for children heading into Kindergarten through 6th grade. The classroom off the rear hallway, located behind the church.
- The Nursery is in a classroom off Vail Parish Hall for babies through pre-Kindergarten.
- Adult Bible Study is at 10am. The Bible Study meets in the choir area at the back of the church. Using the African Bible Study method, the group will read and reflect on the readings for Sunday. Contact Suzanne Fontan for more details: 504-430-6879.
- The church has an updated Telephone System. You can now reach Fr. Wiggin-Nettles by calling the main church number. The call will automatically forward to his cell phone. Press 2 during the day to reach him. For after hours emergencies, press 9.
- SAVE THE DATE: Annunciation English Tea on Saturday, October 22, 2016. More details to come soon. See Maureen Young for more details.
- SAVE THE DATE: Shades of Praise Christmas Concert will be held on December 8, 2016 at 7 PM in the NIMS Center at the Academy of the Sacred Heart, located at the corner of St. Charles Ave. and Napoleon Ave. There is a parking lot across General Pershing Street.