- Joint Services with Annunciation and Mt. Olivet. Today we welcome Mt. Olivet parishioners to Annunciation. A lunch will follow in Vail Hall. On October 9, there will be a joint service at 9:00am AT Mt. Olivet Church (530 Pelican Ave. in Algiers) Annunciation parishioners are asked to sign up to bring salads and desserts.
- Priest Sharing. Fr. Duane Wiggin-Nettles is now also serving as part-time Vicar of Mt. Olivet Episcopal Church in Algiers Point in addition to continuing to serve as our rector. We are looking for ways for our two parishes to work together. Visit Mt. Olivet on the web at www.MountOlivet.org.
- Tuesday Nights. We will continue to gather on Tuesdays at 6pm for Eucharist and Adult Education. We are watching and discussing videos from the 2016 Missional Voices Conference.
- Godly Play Classes continue this summer for children heading into Kindergarten through 6th grade. The classroom off the rear hallway, located behind the church. The Nursery is in a classroom off Vail Parish Hall for babies through pre-Kindergarten.
- Adult Bible Study is at 10am. The Bible Study meets in the choir area at the back of the church. Using the African Bible Study method, the group will read and reflect on the readings for Sunday. Contact Suzanne Fontan for more details: 504-430-6879.
- SAVE THE DATE: Mt. Olivet’s Church’s Annual Pasta Fest will be held October 1-2 from Noon-5pm in conjunction with the Algiers Point Association’s Annual Home Tour. Come out and support Mt. Olivet Church located at 530 Pelican Ave in Algiers. Contact Marty Stroble at 504-919-7375 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- SAVE THE DATE: Annunciation English Tea on Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 2pm. To be held at Church of the Annunciation. More details to come soon. See Maureen Young for more details.