- NEXT SATURDAY: Annunciation English Tea will be held on Sat., October 22, 2016 at 2pm. See Maureen Young or Robin Yeager for more details and tickets.
- Parish Work Day. Thank you to all who came out for the Parish Work Days Friday, October 14 and Saturday, October 15. We still have work to complete, so please see Robin Yeager to sign up to help finish the staining on the rectory. Once the rectory’s exterior decks are stained, the church can fill to receive up to $50,000 in cash for historic tax credits.
- Tuesday Nights. We will continue to gather on Tuesdays at 6pm for Eucharist and Adult Education.
- Godly Play Classes continue this summer for children heading into Kindergarten through 6th grade. The classroom off the rear hallway, located behind the church. The Nursery is in a classroom off Vail Parish Hall for babies through pre-Kindergarten. Josie Henry has given notice due to finding a new weekend job. We are looking to hire two nursery workers. In the mean time, we welcome volunteers.
- Adult Bible Study is at 10am. The Bible Study meets in the choir area at the back of the church. Using the African Bible Study method, the group will read and reflect on the readings for Sunday. Contact Suzanne Fontan for more details: 504-430-6879.
- NEXT SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Mt. Olivet Church’s Annual Pasta Fest will be held October 22-23 from Noon-5pm in conjunction with the Algiers Point Association’s Annual Home Tour. Come out and support Mt. Olivet Church, our sister parish, located at 530 Pelican Ave in Algiers.